Wednesday, November 19, 2014

0

Winter cold, semester exam and Christmas nostalgia!


The year 2014 will soon end, it is already November, the eleventh-month of the year. The days are getting shorter, and colder. Days like these makes me long for summer, yet the summer of Delhi is not the kind of summer any living soul will ever wish for. The mercury will rise very high at times. The news even says some people died because the temperature rises too high. Such days make me wishes for winter to come soon. And so winter came, but with its arrival came the cold. It is still November, it will get colder and colder, and it will go away in April when the summer starts its business again. Because the weather of Delhi is either too cold or too hot, I guess the weather of late October to mid-November is the kind of weather we were to call the best. I have no option but to say today’s weather is fine, though I am wrap in a blanket even now, the time is past-noon.

The cold won't get any better so yeah, here is a quick update on what is going on. My third semester examination will start in less than a week. I am supposed to be studying even now, but well, here I am. It is a pleasant surprise to find myself updating this at a time like these when my examination is near. This never happen at other times. It has been months since I last posted anything on here, and if not for the exam that is ahead, I would have happily ignored that this blog is still in existence.

In view of the examination, classes have been dispersed few days back and I am saved from rising up early and facing the cold in the morning for the time being. Because I stay in North Delhi and my college is somewhere in south Delhi, I spent over an hour in travelling. I alarmed my phone clock to 6:30 am so that I don't miss the 8:45 am class. The task of attending the first class had become extremely difficult with each new morning as winter approaches. However, since the University required a student to have a minimum attendance of 66% to be able to appear the semester exam without any complication, I need to attend as much as I can lest my attendance falls below the requirement. I had missed some classes for reasons known and unknown in the course of this semester. Update: My attendance stand at 69.29%!

The exam will end in the first week of December. The word "December" brings to me the warmth Christmas. The thought of it alone is nostalgic. With semester exam nearing, this is dangerous. Last year, I spent my Christmas here in Delhi. Though it did not matter much where I stay, there is something amiss being away from home for Christmas. Something feels incomplete. The nostalgia and the memories of childhood attach with the festivities is missing in a land which is not mine. Being born and grew up from the hills in some sleepy villages spread across Manipur, the Christmas I had as a child is associated with many sweet memories. It is only during this season where I get to travel to town and city, buy new dresses, toys and sweets. Unlike last year, I have booked my ticket to home for Christmas. But first, dear God, please help me write my exam in peace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment